Tuesday, July 05, 2005

New Plates for Tennessee

Soon the "Tennessee: Sounds Good to Me" license plates will be officially retired and replaced with Bredesen's "Rolling Hills" plate. Below is a picture of the old and then the new:


I'm not sure myself, but I don't think I like the new plates that are due to start rolling out January 2006. I think the font of the word "Tennessee" looks kind of tacky; the Gov could have certainly done better on that part. Also, I don't really see a need to waste money to give everyone new plates. Really, what's the use? The ones we have now are fine. That money could be used to buy a few more textbooks for our struggling school system. Is this how it is going to be from now on out? A new plate every time we get a new governor?

1 comment:

  1. I don't really like those plates either. "Tennessee Sounds Good To Me" was a great slogan, and while the hills add something...they don't have the recognizable appeal of the old ones.

    ReplyDelete