Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Top 10 Photos of 2005: #4



NOVEMBER 6

As most know by now, a couple of my friends and I conquered an island on Cherokee Lake and named it the Isle of Heron. We have had many wonderful adventures on the island, but we soon noticed that our land was not the only one on the lake. Looking off the rocky edge of the Isle of Heron, we noticed a smaller island that disappeared when the dam water rose in the Spring and Summer. We just couldn't let that island go undiscovered! On one warm day in November, we pumped up our boat and kayak (our navy) and made our way to uncharted territory. When we arrived on the shores, we found many hidden treasures that made us extremely excited to finally be on the island. We officially declared the land Chicken Island and claimed it as an annex to the Isle of Heron. This picture was taken on the spur of the moment while I was waiting in my kayak for Brittany and Brian to arrive on the shores. When I took the picture, I instantly knew it was a wonderful picture that could serve as a promotional image for the brochure.

filed under:

No comments:

Post a Comment