Thursday, September 22, 2005

Ready for '06


I am sure ready for the 2006 Governor's race to heat up! I really think that Mr. Bredesen faces a huge challenge. No one really likes him right now. He's too Republican for Democrats, and he's too Democrat for Republicans. I think one major mistake he made was the disenrolling of hundreds of thousands from TennCare. There is no way is going to be able to dodge that, and Republicans (if smart) should take advantage of that. I hope that the Republicans can really hit a home run in '06. They need to nominate a dynamic leader that is willing to change. Right now, myself and many other Tennesseans feel so disconnected from my Governor; us citizens need to be able to feel that this guy actually deserves the office. The only thing that I can think of off the top of my head of the good that Bredesen has done is supporting an independent pharmacy school at ETSU. Besides that, it just seems like he has been sitting around in Nashville enjoying the high life. What has he done about ethics since the issue came to forefront after the TN Waltz sting? Nothing that I know of except talk about it. What has he done to improve our schools? Nothing monumental. If the Republicans can give us a great candidate, I would be willing to send them my vote!

filed under: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment