Wednesday, July 06, 2005

2012 DECISION ANNOUNCED


LONDON
will host the 2012 Olympic Games. This is the third time in recent years (1992, 2000, & 2005) that Paris has failed in bidding for the Olympics; I really don't think the IOC want the games in Paris. London was orginally considered the underdog in the bid competition but has recently surged among IOC delegates. This must be a major defeat for the French people considering that they lost to all people, the British. Certainly a huge victory for London officials.

2 comments:

  1. There'll be a riot on the Champs Elysees tonight! Just kidding. That sort of makes me sad, because I was so rooting for Paris, mainly I guess because I'm a diehard francophile and the French people seemed to want it so badly. Even in 2003 they had banners lining the Champs Elysees declaring "Paris 2012." Poor Parisians. But they did have the Men's World Cup a few years ago, so at least they were allowed some chance to display their capital to the world. (And hey! The French even won that!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know. I can't believe it either myself. Paris has certainly wanted this thing so bad for so long. I sort of feel sorry for the French people. They have tried for so long and so many times to get the Games, and they always end up falling short for some reason.

    NYC 2016! ;o)

    ReplyDelete