Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Power is Yours!

I must say that our apartment is on fire for recycling. We have ongoing projects to make recycling fun & exciting (mostly Mr. Brian projects, though). I thought it would be a great idea to start recycling this year since we have so much more room in the apartments. I started collecting all the recyclables in my room, but it then moved out into the hall when I was overcome with cardboard during the "cardboard season." There is a big white space above the boxes that contain all the materials; we all thought something unique & exciting should go above it. Then the idea came to us: a Captain Planet poster and all four of us drawn on as the Planeteers. I must say it turned out pretty nice (although I did get stuck being the little Asian girl...they all thought that was appropriate for some reason):


Here are the diligent workers:


Our contributions to the planet:


Mr. Brian's next project is making a lamp out of Crush glass bottles that we can't recycle.

tagged ,

1 comment: