Monday, March 06, 2006

Dolly Was Robbed!


The Academy certainly slapped Dolly in the face last night at the Oscars! She had such a wonderful song, "Travelin' Thru," that had been nominated for best original song. I was certain that this would be her year, but I was very upset when they announced that the gangsta song "Hard Out Here for a Pimp" had won! It was such a horrible song! After I heard it performed, I wondered how in the world it even got nominated; I was even more shocked when they announced it the winner of that category! A big thumps down to the Academy for that choice. There were some winners last night that I was happy about: Memoirs of a Geisha (Costume Design, Art Direction, & Cinematography), Reese Witherspoon for Best Actress, and Crash (Best Picture-big shock, Original Screenplay, & Film Editing). A pretty good Oscars night except the whole Dolly thing which kind of made the rest of the night stink. (all winners here)

filed under:

1 comment:

  1. Dolly is da bomb and a national treasure. They just don't make them like Dolly anymore do they? I would put her in the same category as Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, and George Jones as well as many of the bluegrass greats.

    Dolly snubbed? Next your going to tell me that Peyton Manning will lose out on the Heisman...TN is getting us to no love, no respect.

    ReplyDelete