Thursday, June 09, 2005

"Eminem, the New Jesus?" Revisited

Well, I just can't help but bring this issue up once again (click here to read the original post). It has been two months since I wrote on this topic, and I am still getting comments on this. First of all, I don't understand how these people are finding the original post since it is buried deep in the archives. Oh well. I must admit that I was wrong to question Alan Sneed's (doesn't deserve the title Mr.) faith (I am sorry for that), but I must also say that his public testimony is not looking good. Christians are suppose to be God's lights in the world; we are suppose to uplift His word and not support music that encourages drug use and infidelity and goes against the Word. Do you really believe that such music is a good testimony and light of God? When I hear that type of music, I'm not moved to worship my Lord. Also, you must understand the history of this radio station; this is a 50-year-old Church Hill tradition. Now, some outsider comes along and takes away what countless natives have came to rely on as a source of gospel music. Now, it is gone. Also, if you are going to attack me or my ideas, do not leave an "anonymous" comment. Not only do I not treat those comments seriously, but you should at least have enough guts to back your statement with a name. I don't care if it is a realy name or not; just don't leave it totally anonymous if you are offering an alternative point of view. I'm glad people leave comments; I am even glad that people leave comments that go against my views but at least leave some sort of name because when you don't it totally discredits anything you say. If you want to remain anonymous, just leave a pen name. By the way, I don't understand the "You're a tool! You fear life" comment; a tool? And I don't fear life...I fear God.

No comments:

Post a Comment